With the election only weeks away, APAC is taking this opportunity to raise public awareness to the urgent need for greater voter participation from the Asian Pacific American community. Our voter education initiative, entitled “Your Voice, Your Vote,” is now calling for all San Diegans to join APAC and help rally Asian voters to the polls by volunteering for upcoming APAC “Get Out the Vote” campaign. Our participation in the democratic process is necessary in order to secure economic prosperity for our families, and the nation. APAC strongly encourages every San Diegan to cast their ballots on Election Day, November 6th!
What can you do to Get Out the Vote?
1. Encourage Friends and Family – Talk or email your loved ones, friends and co-workers and encourage them to vote and cast their ballot either by mail or at polling place on November 6.
2. Get the Word Out - Post on Facebook or Twitter to cast a ballot for the November election. Change your voice mailbox’s greeting message to a reminder to vote.
3. Volunteer – APAC encourages you to get involved and volunteer with the political campaign of your choice, no matter which political party. All of us have a civic duty to participate in the democratic process. Elected officials and political candidates also need to see that we care about our community and our issues!
Join APAC for Get Out The Vote! We are organizing fun Get Out The Vote activities over the next few weeks to encourage the San Diego APA community to cast their ballots. Bring a family member or friend, and volunteer with us for an afternoon or an evening and make a difference this Election Day! See the schedule below, and contact APAC Chairwoman Mitz Lee at email@example.com if you would like to participate in any of the following days:
* Thursday, November 1st: phone banking 10-8PM @ Ansir Innovation Center, Pangea Room, 4685 Convoy Street
* Saturday, November 3rd: phone banking 10-8PM @ Ansir Innovation Center, Tea Room, 4685 Convoy Street
* Monday, November 5th: phone banking 5-8PM @ Ansir Innovation Center, Tea Room, 4685 Convoy Street
ABOUT US: APAC is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to cultivate civic engagement to forward the voices of the Asian Pacific American community which include, but not limited to Chinese, Filipino, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, and Vietnamese Americans. APAC was prominently involved in the local redistricting process last year. After spending months attending redistricting meetings, hosting rallies and advocating for an APA-influenced Council seat in the City of San Diego, APAC is now focusing on membership drive, voter registration and voter education and leadership development. WWW.APACSD.ORG